The aim of this role is to undertake testing activities within HICSE in accordance with industry best practice. The successful candidate will have an enthusiastic approach to test activities, excellent team working skills and will understand the importance of meticulous attention to detail.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Test Manager, tasks shall include but not be limited to:
- Planning, coordinating and managing assigned testing activities on HICSE products and projects within HICSE’s Simulation and TRESA departments
- In association with other Test Engineers, ensure where testing processes, methods and implementation can be improved and standardized across the HICSE product range
- To improve HICSE’s testing capability through new test methods such as test automation.
- To ensure that HICSE products and projects are fit for purpose before release to the customer
Achieving success in the role will be indicated by performance on tasks such as:
- Adherence to the HICSE Business Management System
- Preparation of Test Plans, Specifications and Reports
- Development of test harnesses, scripts and test data
- Review of design documentation for suitability for testing
- Performance of testing both on and off site, in accordance with the relevant specifications and QA procedures
- Liaison with developers and management to assist in the development process and in improvements to the BMS
- Assessment of compliance with regards to product and QA requirements
- Assessment, procurement and utilisation of new test equipment and resources as required
- Promotion and implementation of test automation where practical
- Timely identification and resolution of data issues
Key Skills and Experience
- Good knowledge of Office Productivity software such as MS Office, Word and Excel.
- A good understanding of modern testing philosophies, tools and methods.
- Working knowledge of a variety of modern computer Operating Systems.
Company Funded Benefits
- Market competitive salary an discretionary bonus scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement - with the option to buy up to an additional 37.5 hours per year
- A Holiday Banking scheme allowing you to bank untaken holiday to use another year
- Group Personal Pension
- Private Medical Insurance with self-funded option to increase cover to include family members
- Employee Assistance Programme available to all employees
- Personal Accident Insurance
Voluntary Benefits (funded by employee)
- Cycle To Work
- Gym Membership
- Dental Insurance with option to include dependent children
- Health screening
We have been producing industry leading software products since 2000. Our expertise lies in developing and supplying dedicated products and services, designed to improve the supervision and control of railways worldwide.
Our success lies in the strength of our relationships with our customers and with our colleagues throughout Europe. We work to meet and exceed market requirements by producing only the very best software products: on time and to the most exacting standards.
Our head office is located in Bradford on Avon, England and we have further offices in Plymouth and Derby, England.
We are always happy to hear from people who are customer focused and keen to produce high-end, added value software products.