The aim of the Systems Engineer is to deliver system engineering artefacts on R&D projects as assigned by project managers; to consult on other projects as requested; to support the Head of R&D on the system view of HICSE products working in conjunction to inform the road maps and programme plan; and to improve and strengthen system engineering processes and procedure.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of R&D and Project Managers of assigned tasks, tasks shall include but not be limited to:
- Delivering System Engineering tasks to plan on assigned projects
- Providing on-going system support throughout the project lifecycle
- Delivering task as assigned by the system engineering meeting
- Defining and Improving system engineering practices within HICSE
Achieving success in the role will be indicated by performance on tasks such as:
- Adherence to the HICSE Business Management System
- Delivery of system engineering tasks to agreed timescales, including requirements analysis, requirements specification and high-level system architecture design
- Documenting processes and tool use for system engineering
- Driving improvements into existing processes
- Support CCB in controlling change to systems
Key Skills and Experience
- Ability to understand and breakdown complex systems into manageable areas
- Attention to detail and ability to perform detailed analysis of complex systems
- Ability to persevere in requirements and information gathering to ensure sound understanding and communication of complex system, e.g. interviewing SME’s
- Ability to engage and cooperate with staff across multiple disciplines
- Ability to support CCB’s in ensuring changes do not break system design and are managed across the whole system
- Ability to influence the system design of products to ensure product longevity and adaptability
- Use of notation such as SysML to analyse and communicate complex systems
- Working knowledge of EA and DOORS
- Working knowledge of MS Office
Company Funded Benefits
- Market competitive salary an discretionary bonus scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement - with the option to buy up to an additional 37.5 hours per year
- A Holiday Banking scheme allowing you to bank untaken holiday to use another year
- Group Personal Pension
- Private Medical Insurance with self-funded option to increase cover to include family members
- Employee Assistance Programme available to all employees
- Personal Accident Insurance
Voluntary Benefits (funded by employee)
- Cycle To Work
- Gym Membership
- Dental Insurance with option to include dependent children
- Health screening
We have been producing industry leading software products since 2000. Our expertise lies in developing and supplying dedicated products and services, designed to improve the supervision and control of railways worldwide.
Our success lies in the strength of our relationships with our customers and with our colleagues throughout Europe. We work to meet and exceed market requirements by producing only the very best software products: on time and to the most exacting standards.
Our head office is located in Bradford on Avon, England and we have further offices in Plymouth and Derby, England.
We are always happy to hear from people who are customer focused and keen to produce high-end, added value software products.