Reporting to the Managing Director, the Contracts & Commercial Manager will optimise the company’s commercial and legal position in relation to project delivery and other business activity by co-ordinating and managing all contract and commercial activities within Hitachi Information Control Systems Europe (HICSE). This role has the flexibility to be based in either Bradford on Avon or Derby and will require some limited travel to other sites (customer and Hitachi).
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
Achieving success in the role will be indicated by performance on tasks such as (but not limited to):
- Adherence to the HICSE Business Management System
- Develop and lead commercial strategy in conjunction with MD and COO
- To provide management of contracts and commercial issues within HICSE
- Analysing and reporting commercial risks to senior management
- Negotiating appropriate outcomes on sales and procurement contracts through discussions with counter-party commercial teams
- Responsible for insurance
- To act as the point of contact for commercial & contractual matters
- Driving continuous improvements in HICSE business processes
- Developing a commercial organisation to fit operational and strategic needs/plans
- Day to day management of contract & commercial issues
- Working with the sales and bid management team pre-contract to assess T&Cs and ensure alignment of pricing, scope and contract terms
- Negotiating contract terms with clients
- Supporting Project Leaders with contract variation negotiation
- Preparation of contractual claims, extension of time issues
- Working with project and finance teams to prepare contract financial plans, cash flow etc.
- Liaison with external legal advisors and Hitachi Group legal
- Acting as the contract terms advisor for HICSE procurement issues
- Interfaces with insurance brokers and Hitachi Group Insurance team to ensure policy coverage matches requirements
- Contribute to risk management and financial management operating rhythms
Key Skills and Experience
- Business related degree or equivalent business experience
- Member of IACCM desirable
- Substantial pre and post contract experience
- Familiarisation with standard forms of contract ideally including railway sector suite of contracts
- Familiar with commercial matters relating to software licences, IPR and support
- Experience in major tender responses and public procurement
- Experience on both supplier and client side desirable.
- A strong negotiator in commercial & contractual matters
- International contract experience is an advantage
Company Funded Benefits
- Market competitive salary an discretionary bonus scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement - with the option to buy up to an additional 37.5 hours per year
- A Holiday Banking scheme allowing you to bank untaken holiday to use another year
- Group Personal Pension
- Private Medical Insurance with self-funded option to increase cover to include family members
- Employee Assistance Programme available to all employees
- Personal Accident Insurance
Voluntary Benefits (funded by employee)
- Cycle To Work
- Gym Membership
- Dental Insurance with option to include dependent children
- Health screening
We have been producing industry leading software products since 2000. Our expertise lies in developing and supplying dedicated products and services, designed to improve the supervision and control of railways worldwide.
Our success lies in the strength of our relationships with our customers and with our colleagues throughout Europe. We work to meet and exceed market requirements by producing only the very best software products: on time and to the most exacting standards.
Our head office is located in Bradford on Avon, England and we have further offices in Plymouth and Derby, England.
We are always happy to hear from people who are customer focused and keen to produce high-end, added value software products.