In response to the rail industry’s growing need for intelligent design tools, Hitachi has a range of solutions to support the signalling design process. With a focus on reducing costs through greater efficiencies, these solutions make planning work more effective and streamlined.
The industry needs a new approach to signalling design if SEU cost reduction is to be achieved and Hitachi is leading the way with Sketch. Unlike other CAD based design tools Sketch has an underlying railway model which enables early-stage design options to be considered and validated in a single tool. As a design progresses, so the identification of problems can be analysed, and changes made as necessary.
Having designed a new scheme or made changes to an existing layout simulation can then be used to fully validate the design. This enables better visualisation of the results and changes that may be needed to obtain optimum performance.
- Automatic drawing validation allowing users to check for basic errors and omissions
- Output SDEF data for analysis tools Headway Analysis Tool (HAT) and signal spacing model (SSpaM)
- Intuitive and interactive interface
- Colour coded Timeframes to display stage works in a single sketch
- Export sketches as JPG images