As a responsible employer, Hitachi Information Control Systems Europe Ltd. seeks through this document to carry out all statutory duties under the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974, to prepare and keep revised a written statement of Health & Safety Policy, and bring this to the notice of all our employees. This general policy statement of health & safety is the commitment of this Company to comply with current health & safety legislation.
It is the responsibility of the Managing Director, together with the Directors and Company management, to ensure that the working environment is safe and without significant risks to health & safety and meets the appropriate statutory requirements. It is recognised that all levels of employees, in particular the Health & Safety Manager, Line Management and Health & Safety Representatives, have a vital role to play in the implementation and maintenance of the health & safety programme, for the premises and other locations where employees are at work.
Our statement of general policy is to:
- Maintain safe and healthy working conditions;
- Prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health;
- Ensure all employees are competent to undertake their tasks and to give them adequate training;
- Provide sufficient information, instruction, training and supervision for all employees and trainees;
- Ensure the safe handling, use and control of hazardous substances;
- Provide and maintain safe plant and work equipment;
- Consult employees on matters affecting their health and safety;
- Provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities
- Follow the principles, where applicable, of the Network Rail Lifesaving Rules
This Company policy will be reviewed and revised at regular intervals and those changes will be brought to the notice of all our employees.